» Objectives of VREA
Objectives of VREA
Vermont Ratepayers and Environmental Association (VREA)
(Objectives as per the VREA constitution)
- To further the interests of the (Vermont) ratepayers and their involvement in the business of local and other government and related bodies.
- To see to reasonable and affordable services and amenities.
- To further the interests of Greater Hermanus in co-operation with local government and other associations
- To protect and conserve the existing character and beauty of the local environment.
- To align and integrate the aims and objectives of the VREA with the aims and objectives of the Vermont Conservation Trust.
- To align and integrate the aims and objectives of the VREA with the aims and objectives of other Ratepayers Associations in the greater area.
- To nominate suitable candidates for election on the local government bodies and to actively support them
- To continually to strive for an effective communication programme with the residents in the area.
- To promote a spirit of community-building.